WELCOME TO BOOKFORGE
Home Of the Honey Badger Binder
Join the Honey Badger Binder weekly for BOOKFORGE [LIVE!]
Every Wednesday, at 1 PM EST, Edward goes LIVE for a candid look into the goings on in the bindery studio. You can watch the LIVE stream on our Patreon page.
What We Do Best
BOOK RESTORATION & REPAIR
Historical & Functional
BOOKFORGE offers full-service functional and historical book restoration, emphasizing non-intrusive and invisible repairs. Services range from simple rebacking and paper repairs to full restoration complete with hand-sewing the textblock.
BOOK & DOCUMENT CONSERVATION
Services & Products
One of the simplest, most direct, and non-invasive methods to conserve your books and other paper collectibles is to give them a protective enclosure to limit exposure to the damaging effects of the sun, dust, and handling. BOOKFORGE offers a variety of custom tailor-fit clamshells, folios, and slipcases with protective slide sheaths.
FINE & DESIGN BINDING
The Book Trade Elevated to Its Finest; Custom Leather Inlay, Onlay & Media
Bookbinding is a trade. When this trade is transformed into an art form, it becomes Fine Binding or one step further, Design Binding. Taking an antiquarian or collectible book and giving it a one-of-a-kind binding, setting it apart from all others, in any collection in the world, makes your book inherently unique.
BOOKBINDING & LIMITED EDITIONS
Maintenance Is Key
BOOKFORGE binds custom-designed limited-edition book runs as well as one-off bindings of your work. Working with your text, Designer & Bookbinder Edward Patrick Kranz uses the finest leather, vellums, cloths, and papers from around the world to create exquisite bindings for your project.
BOOK OBJET D'ART
The Book As Fine Art
BOOKFORGE is also a book Art Atelier with an emphasis of book object d’art. The next series of book art pieces by Edward Patrick Kranz will revolve around Books: Historical & Futuristic concepts and how they have been and will be utilized.
- Sat, Jan 06Virtual EventJan 06, 2024, 10:00 AM ESTVirtual Event
- Sun, Jan 07Virtual EventJan 07, 2024, 10:00 AM ESTVirtual Event
- Sat, Jan 13Virtual EventJan 13, 2024, 10:00 AM ESTVirtual Event
- Sun, Jan 14Virtual EventJan 14, 2024, 10:00 AM ESTVirtual EventJan 14, 2024, 10:00 AM ESTVirtual EventDeveloped by early Christians in Egypt, the Copts, Coptic binding was used from roughly the 2nd century AD to the 11th century. This demonstration explores the evolution of single quire codices to the modern simple Coptic binding (exposed spine binding) using simple tools and beautiful materials.
- Sat, Jan 20ErieJan 20, 2024, 8:00 AM EST – Jan 21, 2024, 5:00 PM ESTErie, 1505 State St, Erie, PA 16501, USA
- Sat, Jan 27Virtual EventJan 27, 2024, 10:00 AM ESTVirtual Event